Tournaments for Turf
The Fairfax County Park Authority is dedicated to providing superior recreational opportunities for an ever-changing 1.1 million resident community with diverse backgrounds and interests. A 2004 Needs Assessment identified a deficit of 95 rectangular fields to meet the growing population in our county. In response, the Park Authority invested in the conversion of 48 natural grass fields to synthetic turf fields which significantly increased access and field capacity, improved playing conditions for user groups and reduced maintenance requirements and costs.
For the community to continue to enjoy the high quality field experience, it is time to address the turf replacement costs required to maintain these state-of-the-art athletic fields. While committed to provide and maintain these fields, limited funding is available. Proceeds from tournaments will support the county's synthetic turf replacement reserve.
Watch for sponsorship opportunities to be listed as tournaments are scheduled.
The Fairfax Cup: December 21 and 28 & January 4 and 11
Who will take home the Fairfax Cup and be the Ultimate Fairfax Street Soccer Champion? Youth ages 5u-12u will compete in organized 3v3 or 4v4 soccer. Registration open through December 13.
Moonlight Madness: Overnight Adult Coed Softball Tournament
Congratulations to DT Explosion, Moonlight Madness' Gold Champions.
Silver Champions were the B Team Supreme.
Silver Champion Runner-up Team was Leanin' Sidewayz.
Thanks to everyone who participated! This Park Authority tournament was made possible through support of community partners including Annandale Sports, Bagle Buddies, and Food for the Soul, as well as the tournament planning partners listed below.
Tournaments For Turf Planning Partners
- Arts In The Parks
- Benches and Trees
- Combo Classic Golf Tournament at Twin Lakes Golf Course
- Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
- Fairfax County Park Authority Classes
- Invasive Management Area Program
- Lt. Col. Gary F. Smith Memorial Field
- Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience
- Nautical Cove Play Area
- Open Space Land Preservation Fund
- PACT camp scholarships for children in transitional housing
- RecPAC summer camp program
- Summer Entertainment Series
- Take 12! Steps for Health
- Tournaments For Turf
- Trails Fund
- U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship