Arts in the Parks
As part of the Summer Entertainment Series, Arts in the Parks is a free, family alternative to indoor activities. Children are introduced to live, quality entertainment all summer long in an outdoor setting.
These performances are held every Saturday morning at outdoor amphitheaters in Burke Lake Park, E. C. Lawrence Park, Lake Fairfax Park and Mason District Park. There are also programs each Wednesday morning at Frying Pan Farm Park.
Thank you to our Signature and Supporting Sponsors for making this season possible!
|Friends of Mason District Park|
Performances are targeted to preschool through elementary school-age children and their parents. Shows range from puppets to pirates, and folk songs to orchestra. For many kids, Arts in the Parks is their first exposure to live entertainment, and for practically all of the children, it's their first chance to join professionals on stage.
Audiences of 150 to 400 attend each of the 40 performances for a total attendance of 10,000 each summer. Park Authority employees coordinate the program and staff the events, but donations are needed for performers' fees and technical support.
- Arts In The Parks
- Benches and Trees
- Combo Classic Golf Tournament at Twin Lakes Golf Course
- Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
- Fairfax County Park Authority Classes
- Honoring America's Veterans
- Invasive Management Area Program
- Lt. Col. Gary F. Smith Memorial Field
- Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience
- Nautical Cove Play Area
- Open Space Land Preservation Fund
- PACT camp scholarships for children in transitional housing
- RecPAC summer camp program
- Summer Entertainment Series
- Take 12! Steps for Health
- Tournaments For Turf
- Trails Fund
- U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship